Leelou Blogs

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our Behavior Rocks

The new behavior plan in our classroom is really rocking!  I have seen a definite improvement in my children's behavior with the up zones.  This was the goal I wanted and it is weird to see it actually happen for once.
I wanted my perpetual zone changers to switch how they were thinking about things in my class.  I wanted them so see that it was not about just going along doing nothing and hoping not to get caught. I wanted them to see that if you want the attention that you need to really step up your game.  My one really young guy who couldn't stay still if super glue was applied has actually made it to silver twice in the last week!  Go man! My little dude who sits there most of the time and does his work without actually following directions at all has started to produce some good quality work. And to think that all it took was a few pieces of construction paper and stickers, paper bracelets, and free printed out coupons.

ONE WARNING ABOUT COUPONS: one of the most coveted coupons is the sit at the teacher's desk one.  If you need your space don't print that one out.

Here is what my zone chart looks like now. Sorry about the poor quality, iphones don't take into account the horrible halogens.

No comments:

Post a Comment