Leelou Blogs

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jumping Right In.


I have already started the nightmares about the behavior in my classroom.  It prompted me to spend most of my day looking for ideas to help me with my new behavior plan I want to implement.  I came across this Rockstar themed idea on the Inspired Apple blog.  Even though we are the monkey classroom I think this one is the coolest one.


I am also thinking about doing Brownie Points for specials.  Whenever kids go to a different classroom there seems to be a break down in their ability to make good choices.  It is almost as if different kids come and take over their bodies.  It makes sense when they only see that teacher once a week for 50 minutes, that isn't a lot of time to really drill in your expectations. My thought is that if I can get them working together to earn compliments in specials that we might be more successful.  I am going to start with, if they earn 5 brownie points then we will make brownies as a class.  I will increase the number of brownie points they need to earn as they get better at it. 


I will keep you posted on how all this goes.  I still have to think of something to motivate my challenging students....any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment