Leelou Blogs

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My first attempt

Well is is my first attempt at a blog. I wanted an avenue to explore and talk about the things that I see in my classroom everyday. I teach in Michigan in a very large district. The students we see every day come from a variety of backgrounds. This leads to a very diverse group of students personality wise to meld together into a functioning classroom. I have been teaching for 4 years and it becomes increasingly obvious to me that the days of reading books and coloring are long gone in my world. I am more of a behavior manager than I am a teacher. Most of my day is spent breaking up this fight and handling this child's trouble with staying in one spot. So few moments actually go into showing my students to love of reading I may have or the way we can work with numbers. I am hoping to share my experiences with others and hopefully my ideas for teaching. Maybe they will help other teachers to see that they are not alone in their frustrations and that we are all here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment