Leelou Blogs

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Organization

Well I am moving rooms!  I put the exclamation point there because it means I will be with the other kindergarten rooms and not down the first grade hallway.  While I like my family down there it feels removed from all the action.  I am excited to bring our kindergarten hallway to life.  Check back later this year and see the cool way we utilize our hallway space!  ( I am geeked for the new ideas)

In the effort to move and get organized I have taken a pintrest trip and gotten a lot of good ideas that I wanted to share in case you might have missed them in your exploring.  First I got a great deal at target on tupperware with two different colored lids. I am organizing my math materials in one set and my literacy in another. This way students will know where to return them in the room. I also made labels which you are welcome to print off and use yourself if you want.  I will have more as I get packed and move ( I take pictures of what is in the tub so the kids know what goes where). 
Check back and I promise to have these uploaded....really big picture files I need to size down...sorry :(
I also wanted a new way of labeling books.  On pintrest there was a picture label that I really liked.  I ended up making my own because I needed bigger pictures.  My students have a hard time getting things back where they belong and I thought this might help them out a little better than my other labels did.  I went to IKEA and got blue tubs for all my books so that it looks uniform.  I did snag a few red ones for my math books because next year we are going to try out Guided Math and want a math literacy center.
Click Here for labels
Last but not least my supply organizer. I totally stole the idea from a pin but I thought you might like the one I found. I got a hardware organizer with 18 drawers at Lowes for 14 dollars and then got scrapbook paper at JoAnnes for 5 dollars. I typed up some labels and glued that to the scrapbook paper and then taped it inside the drawers.  It turned out pretty awesome! Let me know what you think.  You can grab my labels here too all you need is to get paper you like and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment